THE CAPITAL PROJECT WAS NOT APPROVED. THE FINAL VOTE WAS 456-418.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOTED.
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017, Hoosick Falls community members will vote on a capital project for Hoosick Falls Central School.
The $19,753,973 project will improve safety, make the school more energy efficient, update technology, and create a better learning environment for our children. Funding sources include existing reserve funds, Smart School Technology Grant monies, state aid, and help from our community.
- To see the renovations and upgrades that are actually part of the 2017 Capital Project Hoosick Falls residents will be voting on October 17, 2017, click here for the Capital Project Summary.
- If you’d like to see more detail on the proposed renovations and a breakdown of the costs, click for a more detailed Capital Project List.
Q & A Schedule:
September – October 2017
Want to know more about the project? You can hear more and have your questions answered by Ken Facin, Superintendent of Schools, Paul Baker, Superintendent of Building and Grounds, or by members of the HFCS Board of Education. See the schedule by clicking here for the Q&A Schedule.
- NEW!!! Attached is a list of frequently asked questions and their answers: click here to read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Here are some photos of various areas in the building which have been identified as being in need of updating or improvement. Click Here to See Photos.
- To see a flyer about the project you can print and distribute, click here for the HF Capital Project Flyer.
Polls will be open Tuesday, October 17, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Hoosick Falls Junior/Senior High School for residents to vote.
Results of the vote will be posted on this website page.
To vote, you must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, and a resident of the Hoosick Falls Central School District for at least 30 days prior to the vote.
Upon request, absentee ballots will be issued to residents of the school district who will be out of town or unable to vote in person. Before a district resident may vote via absentee ballot, he or she must complete and sign an absentee ballot application, which is available at the District Office. Once the application is completed, it must be returned to Pam Cottrell, District Clerk, PO Box 192-21187 NY 22, Hoosick Falls, NY 12090.
At that time, an actual voting ballot will be distributed either by mail or in person. If the voting ballot is to be mailed to the voter, applications must be received by the District Clerk no later than October 10, 2017. If the voting ballot is to be picked up in person by the voter, the application must be received no later than 5 p.m. on October 17, 2017.
If you have any questions please contact the District Office at 518-686-7321